Paraglider Kit, FireFly Kit
While tree landings are typically not intentional, sometimes they can’t be avoided. When caught in a tree escaping to the ground can be dangerous, especially if rescue or the proper equipment is not available. This is what the Firefly tree egress system was designed for.
Our intent was to create a safe means of tree egress that was also easy to use and so small and light that you wouldn’t even notice you are carrying it until you need it. Years of research, development, and testing has gone into the Firefly. It is a combination of 3.6mm rope made of very high strength braided Technora, with a proprietary autolocking descent control device.
The kit comes with everything required to anchor to the tree or the risers, escape the paraglider or parachute harness, and descend under control to the ground.
The kit comes standard with a 20m rope, though longer lengths may be possible for special circumstances. It also includes an emergency harness and anchoring sling. The descent control device will provide a controlled descent with up to a 350 lbs. working load.
- 1 x FIREFLY DEVICE
- 1 x FIREFLY™ 3.6 MM ROPE (20M OR 46M)
- 1 x DYNEEMA 180 CM ANCHOR SLING
- 1 x CTOMS POCKET HOIST HARNESS (ORANGE)
- 2 x SCREW GATE CARABINER
- 1 x ROPE BAG (ORANGE)
- 1 x GP POUCH (OS), BLACK W/ 2 x MALICE CLIPS
- Weights & Dimensions:
- Packed Dimentions: 11cm W x 16cm H x 6.5cm = 1287cm3 (70in3) Volume.
- Total Paraglider Kit with 20m Rope: 600g (1.35 LBS)
- Firefly Paraglider Spec Sheet