QuikClot EMS 4x4 Dressing is a sterile, soft white 4 in. x 4 in. nonwoven hemostatic dressing with X-ray indicator, and is impregnated with kaolin, an inorganic mineral that activates Factor XII,1 which in turn accelerates the body's natural clotting ability.2,3,4,5 This bleeding control solution creates a robust clot6,7 to control bleeding fast9 potentially giving you more time to attend to other tasks as you move patients through the continuum of care. Compared to standard gauze or other available hemostatic devices, QuikClot has superior results that indicate it can reduce blood loss19 and promote stronger clot formation.6,7 These results may help reduce exposure to blood and bloodborne pathogens, and potentially reduce decontamination time for equipment and vehicles.
- QuikClot EMS 4x4 Dressing features:
- Intuitive to use,14 EMS 4x4 Dressing uses the same placement technique as standard gauze
- Contains an X-ray detectable strip for easy identification
- Dressing may be left in place for up to 24 hours, (refer to the IFU for full Instructions for use)
- Large Non-Compressible Injuries Where Tourniquets Cannot Be Applied
- Three-year shelf life
- RECOMMENDED USE*:
- Smaller Surface Bleeding (Nuisance)
- Head Lacerations
- Bleeding AV Fistulas
- Ruptured Varicose Veins
- Skin Tears
- Other Smaller Surface Nuisance Bleedings
*Usage is not limited to this list, refer to each QuikClot product’s instructions for use.