CAPNOSPOT - CO2 INDICATOR FOR NEEDLE THORACOSTOMIES
- Spec Sheet
- Reference Material
The CAPNOSPOT is a carbon dioxide detection device that provides objective visual confirmation of proper needle placement in needle thoracostomies.
- The current method of judging needle decompression success using a “gush of air” and clinical signs is subjective.
- Even well-trained providers with the correct equipment have Needle Thoracostomy failure rates of 20-50%(2,3).
- Capnospot provides objective visual confirmation of decompression success or failure by utilizing visual color change, ideal for noisy prehospital environments.
- Small, Lightweight, Compact.
- Capnospot is compatible with all decompression devices.
- The Capnospot is more accurate than the standard of care.
- Potential to improve decompression rates, reduce the number of procedures, and reduce wasted procedures and costs.
- The objective color change is nearly instant (<5 seconds).
- Capnospot indicates if the decompression is non-therapeutic, or the catheter loses patency and will revert to its original color.
- Functions in Low light environments.
Note: Sale of this product is restricted to the Canadian market. For information on purchases outside of Canada please visit Pneumeric Medical.
- Needle Decompression of Tension Pneumothorax with Colorimetric Capnography
- Decompression of tension pneumothorax in a trauma patient -first use of a novel decompression colorimetric capnography device in human patient
- Tension pneumothorax decompression with colorimetric capnography: pilot case series