Field Trauma Care (Non-Tactical)- Advanced Provider Casualty Approach
- Course Contents
NOTICE: For Volume, Government, or Agency pricing and purchasing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-780-469-6106 to get multiple accounts set up.
The Field Trauma Care (non-tactical) – Advanced Provider Casualty Approach walks the student through an optimized, coherent casualty assessment and treatment algorithm for the medical professional. This course covers an advanced provider level casualty approach in the context of a non-tactical environment. FTC uses a very similar approach to Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) without the added complexity of a tactical situation. FTC uses the MARCH acronym as an aide to memory, with a deeper dive into the details. This course is the metaphor bread that holds the Field Trauma Care sandwich together.
If you are looking for a tactical environment casualty approach, please see MET-C0012 Tactical Trauma Care – Advanced Provider Casualty Approach.
Total time of all videos: 1:19:26
Access to the course is for 3 years from the course start date.
Highly Recommended (critical to understanding content):
NOTE: There is no requirement to take MET-C0013 Field Trauma Care – Basic Provider Casualty Approach as the information is duplicated in this course.
Recommended (may clarify content):
Course Content Includes:
- Introduction to Tactical Field Care (TFC)
- Weapons, Threats and Tactical/Technical Rescue, and Facts (WTF)
- Massive Hemorrhage Advanced (M)
- Airway Advanced(A)
- Respiration Advanced(R)
- Situational Awareness, Triage, Ongoing Documentation, Pull/Pass Pertinent Information (STOP)
- Cspine, Casualty Packing, Circulation Advanced (C)
- Head Injury and Hypothermia Management Advanced (H)
- Eye and Ear Trauma, and Everything Else Advanced (E)
- Handouts and Guidelines