Field Trauma Care (Non-Tactical)- Basic Provider Casualty Approach
- Course Contents
NOTICE: For Volume, Government, or Agency pricing and purchasing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-780-469-6106 to get multiple accounts set up.
The Field Trauma Care (non-tactical) – Basic Providers Casualty Approach walks the student through an optimized, coherent casualty assessment and treatment algorithm for the non-medical professional. This course covers a basic provider level casualty approach in the context of a non-tactical environment. FTC uses a very similar approach to Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) without the added complexity of a tactical situation. FTC uses the MARCH acronym as an aide to memory, with a deeper dive into the details. This course is the metaphor bread that holds the Field Trauma Care sandwich together.
If you are looking for a tactical environment casualty approach, please see MET-C0011 Tactical Trauma Care – Basic Provider Casualty Approach.
Total time of all videos: 1:03.59
Access to the course is for 3 years from the course start date.
Highly Recommended (critical to understanding content):
Recommended (may clarify content):
Course Content Includes:
- Introduction to Field Trauma Care (FTC)
- Weapons, Threats and Tactical/Technical Rescue, and Facts (WTF)
- Massive Hemorrhage (M)
- Airway (A)
- Respiration (R)
- Situational Awareness, Triage, Ongoing Documentation, Pull/Pass Pertinent Information (STOP)
- Cspine, Casualty Packing, Circulation (C)
- Head Injury and Hypothermia Management (H)
- Eye and Ear Trauma, and Everything Else (E)
- Handouts and Guidelines